Building Automation Systems (BAS) control the wide variety of mechanical and electrical systems in your facility allowing you to focus on executing your organization’s primary mission. Also known as Building Management (BMS), Facility Management Systems (FMS) or simply controls, they enhance the safety and comfort of associates and guests while reducing your energy consumption. A properly designed, installed, and maintained BAS provides you peace of mind while minimizing your operating costs.
Building Automation Systems are smart systems that consist of hardware and software which connect HVAC, lighting, card access, utility meters and other systems to communicate on a single platform. Often these individual systems communicate in different protocols or languages and will not work together. A proper BAS enables them to work together on a single platform designed to:
- Maintain comfortable temperature and humidity levels
- Control process systems like chilled/hot water system temperatures and pressures
- Consume the minimum possible energy without sacrificing performance or comfort
- Schedule equipment on/off times based on occupancy to reduce operating costs
- Provide alarms and notifications of equipment and system out of tolerance conditions
- Run trends to record, visualize and compare facility data
- Collect utility meter data
- Control of your facility 24/7/365
Whether you’re designing a new building, retrofitting an old one, bringing a new system into an existing front end or simply trying to increase comfort, MSD’s controls design team will partner with you to develop the right system for you. We’ll work with your team to understand your current needs and any growth plans, discuss budgetary requirements, and review your facility. Based on this information we’ll develop a project scope and proposal designed to meet your objectives.
MSD partners with the top building automation companies which allows us to create a custom solution for you. Whether it’s simple cloud-based smart thermostats or a multi-site platform we will design and deliver the right system. Our controls are web enabled, open systems so you’re never locked into a single provider.
Our install team, led by your assigned Project Manager, will ensure your project is brought in on time, within budget and with minimal disruption to your daily operations. We’ll work closely with your Information Technology (IT) provider to ensure the security of your processes and data. Training for your associates is always included so you can get the full value of the system.
Once installed, proper scheduled maintenance is crucial to ensure the benefits achieved keep paying back month after month, year after year. Comfort and efficiency improvements can be lost over time due operational changes, facility refits, and normal wear of mechanical equipment. Our team of experts will work with you to customize a service plan to maintain the gains achieved so your savings will continue.
MSD also offers retro and continuous commissioning programs to keep your facility as safe, comfortable, and efficient as possible. With MSD, Inc., you’ll have a partner that cares about your business and delivers results.
Contact the MSD Energy Services Team today for a free initial consultation firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web-based Building Automation Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Utility Metering
- Indoor Air Quality Improvement
- Facility Access Controls
- Video Surveillance Systems
- Lighting Control
- Smart Thermostats
- System Integrations
- System Overlays
- Software & Hardware Upgrades
- Pneumatic controls upgrades/replacement
- Retro-commissioning and Continuous Commissioning
- Customized Maintenance Programs to Protect Your Investment
- Niagara by Tridium, 75F, Pneumatic Controls, Honeywell, Distech